Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 4: FULL COLLAGE PIECED background

Today is Day 4 of our 31 Days of March: Art Journaling your Bible Study!  If you are just joining us, be sure to click on the photo of our 31Days of March: Art Journaling your Bible Study photo to the right of this post in the blog.  It will take you to all of our posts and get you caught up on what we are doing!

Today I have a sneak peek of 3 new stamp sets that are coming out next week!  SKETCHY UPPERCASE ALPHABET, HYMN: Wings and Feathers, and HYMN GIRLS: MARCH.  I am loving all these hymn-background characters and images!  They all can be colored, but you can also just use your distress ink and a sponge and give them color, like I did here with HYMN GIRLS:  MARCH:
This page was created with a FULL BAZZILL PAPER PIECED background.  I took coordinating papers from this set:
Then cut triangles out to fit across my page:
 I glued them down with glue ( you can use school glue, collage glue, matte medium, or even a glue stick!)
You can see some color behind it, but that's just my paper I used to keep from getting the glue on other pages (I reuse the protecting paper over and over so there is always some previous project ink on them)
Next, I took my mini-distress inks and inked up the edges of all the papers to draw attention to the triangle shapes, used Inspired Stamps: BACKGROUND STAMPS for the dots, and I used modeling paste (as I have in previous days) to give dimension:

I used dylusions spray inks randomly over my papers (white, pink, yellow pure sunshine, and orange) and stamped more with a different stamp from the Inspired Stamps: BACKGROUND STAMPS set.  I stamped my images and cut them out using the Brother Scan-N-Cut machine, and added white 'stitching' using my Sharpie paint pen.

Finally I used the formula for the Bible Study Journaling I shared in previous posts to finish the pages:
I didn't take a close up of these pages, but I used the Sharpie Paint Pen to add highlights to the letters like I did in previous posts.  The word CROSS in on the new HYMN GIRL: MARCH set and I used the box from Inspired Stamps: LABELMAKER ALPHABET around the word to give it definition.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new page!
Leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Blessings,
Antoinette                           shipping most orders SAME DAY they are placed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how it happened, but I missed your post for day number 3. So I just went through it along with this one. I love this idea of using the scrapbook pages and then spraying over them, and I'm looking forward to the new stamps coming out. I can see I'm really slow at these things. I sprayed my journal pages for Day 1 and haven't gone beyone that yet. You'll probably be finished by the time I'm working on Day 2, but atleast I'm enjoying the information and the process. Thanks for doing this Antoinette. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, Day # 5 is going to help you feel better about your progess!! It will be up later tonight! Thank you so much for commenting and for joining me!
      Blessings,
      Antoinette

      Delete

Kind words welcomed here!